Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love and Basketball

Basketball is a BIG part of our lives. Kelly coaches and Jake and Kaitlyn play. Saturday marked the opening day of the kids' seasons. I have to admit, being mom, I was a little nervous. It's amazing to me how protective of my kids I can be, even when it comes to playing a game like basketball! Kaitlyn played first, and she got moved up this year. Normally she would be playing in the Pee Wee league, which is 1st - 3rd grade girls. Well, they decided to have her play in the next age group up, which is 4th - 5th grade girls. Kaitlyn's team is all 5th graders except for her and one other 3rd grader. I can't ever remember feeling that nervous for either of my kids! Jake is just so confident in everything he does; it's just a different feeling when he plays! But my Kaitlyn went out there and worked so hard! She played some amazing defense and her team won by 20! She's not quite ready to shoot when they pass to her, but that's ok. I think Jake shoots enough for the both of them! Kaitlyn is number 14 in the pictures below.


After my little girl got done playing we headed to another gym for Jake's game. And do you think Kaitlyn was sick of basketball yet? No way! She sat right down and yelled for her brother. What a little sister!

Jake, below, getting ready to jump for the ball.


Fast break!!

Jake's team won 44-38. Jake scored 31 of those points! I guess we have a good balance between the two of them. Kaitlyn won't let anyone score, and that's all Jake does! I love watching my kids play, and I'm amazed at how far each of them has come from last year. Hopefully some of these "mom's nerves" will calm down by next game!!




1 comment:

Anne Hansen said...

Love these. I hear ya on the mom nerves. I pray that i don't turn into "that" parent! I think this year we are going to try to get 3-5 a lil more real. :) Anne H.