Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goodbye Grandma Babe

My Grandma Babe passed away today. I will miss her so much. She was old-fashioned, classy, fun. I could always talk to her about pretty much anything and I knew she would listen. Without judging anything I told her, she would always give me the best advice, usually with a side of humor. Some of my best memories are spending Christmas at her house. We would get to her house, which was always so festive. She had this awesome Christmas village that got bigger every year; the tree got smaller and smaller to accommodate it. We would have yummy food and then we would play games. She loved Scattergories! I really don't know what I will do without her. I feel selfish for being so sad and still wanting her here. I know it was rough at the end, and it is better this way. But my kids will never know her. They won't get to laugh at watching her cooking in the kitchen, drink in one hand and cigarette in the other. Kaitlyn won't get to go to "ladies lunch" with her and then shopping while she explains what kind of makeup is better or which shoes look better with that shirt. Jake won't get to watch her cheer her heart out for the Seahawks or Mariners. For lack of a better way to say it, Grandma Babe kicked ass. I'm glad she was a huge part of my life, and I will miss her so much. Goodbye Grandma. I love you.

No comments: