Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally, a new post!!

I have been so bad about posting on this blog. It's not that I don't want to, I actually love it. But when I finally get home and make dinner, do the dishes, spend time with the kids, or go to various baseball activities, etc., I just don't feel like I have the energy! So tonight I will play a little catch up. Basketball season is over (in theory of course) and we have moved on to baseball. Sometimes I wonder if there is any sport Jake wouldn't be successful at. Kaitlyn considered playing softball this year, but decided against it. Probably next year. And I must admit, selfishly, I am glad. She is my partner watching Jake play and Kelly umps most of the time so I would be very lonely without her!!

Jake and Kaitlyn both celebrated birthdays in March. They are now 11 and 9. How does this happen?? They are growing up and all I want is for life to slow down. Hmmmm, I just don't think it's going to happen.





Lastly, we had the awards banquet for Kelly's team last week. We hadn't seen the girls in a while, and it was so great to see them. He brought the girls up by grade, except for the seniors, He recognized them one at a time. I think I cried during every one. I'm amazed and grateful for the opportunity to get to know these girls, and the only sad part is that we only had one year with the seniors. I honestly feel like they are family, and it made my heart smile when they were all just as emotional and hugged me like I was hugging them. Besides all that girly stuff, Kelly did such a great job this year. It was his first year coaching girls, and of course, he did an amazing job. I can never get over what a great coach he is! The kids and I are so proud of him.




So now we are working towards summer. After such a beautiful summer here in Southeast Alaska last year, I am hoping for a repeat. So far, Spring has disappointed, but here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anne Hansen said...

Great to have a new post! Missing your kids, sounds like your busy as usual. I know I wouldn't have it any other way either. My girls are all playing baseball, well Mia has t-ball. Take care, Anne

Anonymous said...

Aahh - Jenn your family is growing up. They are pre-teens and such a delight to read about. Hope to see you guys soon - maybe this summer.